Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Feeling lucky?

Feeling lucky?
Experimenting with the lucky bamboo plant.

 

So, I have had 3 of these plants for over 2 years now. 

photo credit



They have been living quietly and peacefully in water and they seem happy (I think!). But a few days ago I realized that their growth rate has stopped, and the leaves on one of them are turning yellow.  :(

That's why I decided to experiment with it. I got a pot, a thin layer of perlite and a soil mix and.. Here is the result!

This is the before:




And here is the after:





So far, so good :) I will keep watering the plant to have enough moisture. And, I have read that it doesn't want direct sunlight. This is something I need to keep in mind, as the plant is now out in the balcony. 
I will keep you updated on the lucky bamboo's progress :) 


9 comments:

  1. I'm useless with plants and have very few in the house. These are a really great shape; I love them. If I could get an artificial one I'd be laughing.

    Came via Welcome Wednesday.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for visiting, Crystal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower! If you get a chance, I'd love a follow back @ www.adeliciousobsession.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Crystal...they look good! I don't always notice that first yellow leaf...sometime it takes 2 or 3 for me to help out my poor plants...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought gardening would be easy but... no, no, no! It's a science:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I’m your newest follower. Please stop by and follow back when you have a chance. If you’re ever interested in a blog makeover please let me know. Take a look at my portfolio and packages when you get a chance. Hope you are having a Sweet Week.

    A Mommy’s Sweet Blog Design
    Join us every Friday for our Blog Hop!

    Review and Giveaway Blog Directory
    If you feature Reviews and Giveaways come add your blog here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, April! I'm already following you:) You have a great blog! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hop'pin by from 'You Like Me! Friday Blog Hop'. I'm following your blog now, wont you please come and follow me back?? ~KM

    Krafty Max Originals

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Krafty Max, thanks for visiting:) I just came back from your blog, too:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...